Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finishing week 3

Three weeks down.  This past week flew.  Maybe because of the Holiday?  I went to class and weighed in today.  I lost 3.2lbs this week.  My scale says more than that, which I find odd considering it was 1.5lbs off on the high side last time.  But oh well, I will continue to go by their scales because I don't want to use two different measuring instruments.  They do however weigh people on 2 different scales.  The first week I was on a different one than the last 2 weeks.  I was a little disappointed with 3.2lbs.  I didn't do anything different this past week and I actually used less additives and my daily caloric totals were a little lower than the week before.  I also exercised the same amount.  Maybe next week I'll lose a little more.  If it drops below 3lbs a week during the 6 weeks of meal replacement only phase, I am going to be confused.  Last year I dropped 36lbs in a little over 3 months on a net of 1200 calories a day.  That included the same exercise I'm doing now.  I don't really know why it matters how much I lose as long as I'm losing though.  I know I should be happy/proud and I am!
I tried another recipe yesterday.  Well baked it last night, ate on it today.  It was the "brownie" recipe in our recipe books.  They looked great, and tasted OK, but something about chewing the things I've baked - it's always the same yucky thing that happens when I try to eat it.  I feel like I am chewing it forever, and it just gets into this gooey glob in my mouth and I can't seem to swallow it and have to drink something to get it down.  I asked some people in class tonight about it, and none of them seemed to have the same problem!   Maybe it's psychological.
Either way, I am still good with my shakes, pizza, and soup every night.  For now.
In class tonight we talked about physical activity and its importance and benefits.  For the first 6 weeks I will stick to the 20-25 mins/day cardio but after I incorporate some fruits/veggies and my caloric intake goes up a bit I will probably try and shoot for 30 mins minimum, and then work my way up to more at a slow pace.  Right now, I'm still walking/jogging or doing my elliptical and some arm weights on occasion.  So for now, I'm doing good.  I really like doing it in the mornings.  It makes me feel better, more energized and focused the rest of the day.  So for now I'm good.  So a little over 16lbs down in 3 weeks.  Not too shabby.  Not too shabby at all!!  Oh and I did win the recipe contest on www.needlesspounds.com!  Got me a free box of meal replacements tonight!  I stuck with the chocolate and potato soup MR (for my pizza) and got another box of the creamy chicken soup for dinner.  Next week I think I'll do the Minestrone again though w/ the rotel-  yum!
Anyways, still going strong.  And I plan to keep it that way!

4 comments:

  1. Keep it up! 16 lbs so far is awesome! Did they say anything about you only losing 3.2 lbs this week? Cause if they were happy with your weight loss, then I would say that you should be happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just said something about weight loss slowing down b/c the first couple weeks was a lot of water. which I kind of knew. I think they said it was great or something.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! You are doing great! So excited you won the recipe contest! Praying for you every night! Love you!

    ReplyDelete