Thursday, May 24, 2012

Starting Week 3- Goals.

I've been doing the UAMS weight control program for 2 whole weeks now and it's really not that bad at all!! I think I've completely gotten used to the flavor of the shakes and have resorted to drinking chocolate shakes 3X a day at work.  It's easy.  I'm not hungry.  I definitely have no issues with keeping that up at all.  I did go to class last night, and weighed in.  I lost 4.7lbs for a total of 13.2lbs now.  When you have a big loss of 8.5lbs the first week, seeing 4.7 is kind of disappointing, but then you think that a lot of that was water, and so if you just look at the 4.7 by itself, not compared to a previous loss, then that's a GOOD amount of weight!! Almost 5lbs in a week!  Kristen, my dietitian was telling the class that the amount you lose each week will vary greatly, from 1lb and up and to not be disappointed as long as we lost weight period.  It's true.    SO things really have gotten easier.  I have been making the pizza with the potato soup MR like almost every day when I get home from work as my 4th meal replacement, and then I've been having soup for dinner around 6:30-7.  I bought the minestrone last week, which I said was REALLY good mixed w/ the blended Rotel.  This week before class I bought some of the Creamy Chicken soup.  It's really good too, and to make a bigger bowl, I just add a tsp of chicken bouillon granules and more water.  and pepper.  TASTY!! 

 I think I will stick to this menu for now, until I get bored and then I'll whip something else up.  One girl said she liked the "baked potato" recipe that is in our book.  I haven't had that one yet, but it's something to keep in mind when I start trying to make other things.  
In class this week we talked about goals and rewards.  We are NOT EVER supposed to reward ourselves with food apparently.  The entire world probably does this.  I saw a picture on Pinterest that went perfectly w/ this a few weeks ago.  
HA!  It's actually pretty funny and a good reminder!  So anyways, we were told to write this goal down in our notebook or print it out and stick it places so we will see it.  I don't know really what to make mine, except I really want to lose 100lbs by May of next year.  So that's almost 12 months.  It's doable.  I just have to really work hard.  My reward for that will be going to Disneyworld.  We already have a condo booked for May and I cannot wait to take Ben.  If I make my goal, I'll be able to walk around the park all day long and not get tired.  I'll be able to ride the rides w/ Ben.  I'll WANT to be in all of the pictures.  It will be an awesome reward!!  I'm so excited that this program has me so focused on my goal, and gives me valuable information along the way.  I'm held accountable to a point that I've never experienced before.  I have lost a good amount of weight on my own before (several times), so I know I can really do it this time.  I love having to go get weighed at the hospital.  I love having to go to classes.  I love having people in the classes with me that I can talk to about this journey who understand exactly where I'm coming from.   
I also love having the support of my friends and family! :)   Thanks for encouraging me to meet all of the goals I will have along the way.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great goal! First thing that popped in my head when I read to think of a goal that isn't food is new shoes. I think I have shoes on the brain. Disneyworld is way better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean a reward fir your goal?? Shoes are great! I definitely have enough of those. She told us we should have little rewards along the way to our big goal (like a reward every 10lbs lost).. But most rewards i can think of cost money and with this program being expensive we are trying to cut back on spending... So i havent quite figured out what my rewards will be along the way yet.

    ReplyDelete