Friday, May 18, 2012

One week down

I went to weigh on Wednesday before class. Miraculously (or maybe not given the circumstances), I lost 8.5 lbs! Normally when I start a diet I do lose a lot the first week due to water weight etc, but I am more than thrilled with this number. I weighed before class on my scale so I would know how much it was off from theirs and it was exactly 1.5lbs off (mine says I am heavier). But I think I will just try and weigh only on Wednesdays before class. Things are going good. Not hungry at all still. The meal replacements still taste awful though. I tried making "chips" again but i just cant get past the taste! I wish I could get used to it. I tried making some vanilla cornbread from the vanilla MRs I bought, but the taste again was too much and I had to gulp diet coke with each bite.... I am really getting the "shake" form of the MRs down much easier so I have been having 3-4 of those a day. It might be hard to do all shakes but it's even harder getting the "food" i make down... I am still going to try new recipes though... Not giving up on making foods entirely. Yet. Oh and we get to buy soups now. There are only 3 flavors and they are made by UAMS. We can only replace 1 health one MR with a soup because they have less calories (90 compared to 160). I have been making the soup like this:
1 packet minestrone soup
1 tsp chicken bouillon
12 ounces water
2 tablespoons of blended Rotel mildwith cilantro/lime. The mild is mild until you blend it. Then it becomes rather spicy!
I cook it on the stove top and its delicious!!! I make it every night as my last meal and now look foward to it after my shakes all day. (see pic).

I walked the parking deck every morning this week except Tuesday. Tuesday I did the elliptical at home. I am going to start walking with weights next week.

So far so good. I think eating pickles helps me a lot. And the soup.
Only 5 weeks to go and I can have fruit/veggies:)

4 comments:

  1. You have an elliptical at home? I'm jealous. I want one. Anyway, I've already said congratulations, but I'll say it again! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we sold our treadmill and got an elliptical last year!! I love it to much... But easier to walk at work in the mornings when I don't have Ben:). I use it on days like tuesday or on weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup looks good. If you can have pickles then why cant you eat cucumbers. Easy snack food and they are fresh now at the farmers market. Keep up the good work. Sorry the food doesnt taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im on holiday and trying to be good. Not awesome.

    ReplyDelete