Thursday, May 10, 2012

My first day

I made it.  It's 6:45 and I won't be eating anything the rest of the night.  I usually don't eat anything after this time anyways.  So this morning I woke up and got my shake I made last night out of the fridge and put it in the freezer, went and got ready (15 mins) and then took it out of the freezer.  Packed up the car and I was off to work.  I drank my shake on the way to work.  It wasn't very good. It was a big shake.  I drank it through a straw.  It was icy.  I had to crunch on the ice before I could swallow it.  It took me almost an hour to drink it.  Maybe that is a good thing though b/c I had to *make* myself eat my second meal replacement at 8.  I ate some of the "cookies".  They weren't bad but by the time I got done w/ them I was forcing myself to eat them.  The texture was really dense.  
I went to the Neuro-ophthalmologist at 9.  I did visual field testing, followed by a dilated exam.  Everything was normal except my swollen optic nerves.  He said they were "slightly" swollen.  He said he's seen much worse, and again told me he thought it was due to benign intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri).  I have to go get an MRI of my brain as soon as they can get it scheduled to rule out any real tumors.  Scary.  I know they are rare, but still very scary.  I then follow-up w/ him in a month for repeat visual fields and another dilated exam.  I absolutely HATE getting my eyes dilated.
Anyways, when I got back to work I had my 3rd meal replacement. The "chips".  These were actually edible.  There were a lot of them.  They were crunchy and had good flavor.   Then around 2 I ate the other half of the "cookies".  Again, I had to almost force them down.  I got a diet coke to drink w/ them though and that helped.
Ben and I went on a short walk when we got home.  Up the hill and about 1/2 a mile total before Ben got tired.  He was barely keeping up w/ me as it was.  I guess 1/2 a mile is better than nothing.  I maybe burned 75 calories.    For dinner, I had a chocolate meal replacement shake w/ PB2 in it.  I blended it much better this time, and it wasn't icy at all.  It still tasted weird but I liked the peanut butter flavor and was able to get it all down.
Tonight (for tomorrow), I made chips again- 2 batches this time.  As well as some "muffins".

For the muffin recipe I used:
2 chocolate meal replacement packages
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 packet of splenda
1/2 tablespoon of sugar free fat free chocolate pudding mix
2 capfuls of Davinci sugar free syrup
1/4 cup of diet coke
a dash of salt

I just threw that together.  They turned out looking okay.  I have no clue what they taste like.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I thought about food a lot today.  Making Ben's dinner and Robert's dinner was hard.  Hope eating these replacements gets easier...  because eating what I wanted and counted calories last summer was way tastier and way easier than this!

2 comments:

  1. So how many calories is that total with the 6 meal replacements "meals" you got to eat today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually could only get down 5 of them:(. So that was 800. I added some calories with additives(flavorings) and walked a little so myfitnesspal says I netted 851 calories. If i had eaten the other meal replacement I would have been around 1,050 or so...

    ReplyDelete