Saturday, May 12, 2012

Keep on Truckin'

This diet is MUCH harder than I initially thought it would be.  Could I drink 5 Special K, Slim-Fast, etc protein shakes a day no problem? Absolutely!  That's kind of what I thought I would be doing.  It's NOTHING like that.  These meal replacements have insane amounts of nutrition in them.  That's apparently how you can consume so little calories so safely.  And BECAUSE of that, they taste HORRIBLE!  I mean I really struggle to eat/drink them. I feel nauseous at times thinking about having to eat my next one.  One good thing about them is that they don't leave a yucky after taste, thank God.  Once you get it down, it's down.   I have been trying new recipes left and right and still haven't found anything that 100% covers up that "meal replacement" taste.  I honestly, don't think I will.  If I can do these for 6 weeks it will be a miracle!    But, don't worry I'm not giving up yet :)   So today I tried something my brother's girlfriend, Suzanne suggested- which was to NOT blend the MR (meal replacement) w/ ice and just mix it up and pour it over ice.  So I put 8 oz water in the blender w/ the MR and 2 capfuls of sugar free (calorie free) English toffee syrup.  I blended it for like a minute, then poured it in my tumbler over ice.  I drank it with a big straw in less than a minute!!!  It took me like an hour to drink those real shakes.  Much much better!  And the toffee syrup made it tolerable.  :)
I tried another new recipe today, a waffle.  Not like a breakfast waffle, I'd call it a taco waffle lol.  You make it with the potato soup MR, a little bit of corn meal mix, water, and taco seasoning.  Then you cook it just like a waffle.  The batter actually made 2 waffles though.  Topped it w/ salsa.  It was the most edible thing I've eaten thus far.
I also tried a minute muffin.  A chocolate MR, a packet of splenda, and water mixed to a batter consistency,  in a coffee mug.  Then you microwave it for about 1 min 20 seconds.  It LOOKED just fine... but had the same gross flavor and gritty texture of the other baked things I have made w/ the chocolate MR.  It took a lot of water to get down.  Not a fan.
So today I had 2 of those toffee shake things over ice, the waffles, the muffin, and some chips and salsa.  I literally cleaned the house for almost 4 hours, vacumming, scrubbing, picking up things.  I broke a sweat.  I probably underestimated the calories I burned (113 - 20 mins of light cleaning/moderate effort on MyFitnessPal app.  I know I cleaned 3-4 hours and not 20 mins but I hate over-estimating exercise.  So anyways, the I ate 913 calories today, burned 113, and netted 800.    Yesterday my net was 519 (I walked a lot!), and Thursday I netted 851 (just a 10 minute walk).
I feel bad for not eating my 6th MR but I really just can't.  It's possibly hurting me...   I emailed Kristen about it, but haven't heard back.  I feel fine though, energy wise.  I'm not hungry in the least.  I have been eating some pickles on the side:) They are allowed and I'm only eating 4-5 mini-dills.  Love them! Thanks for supporting me on this weight loss journey, reading these blog posts.  Please pray for my strength and commitment to this diet.  I'd appreciate it!!!
A couple new recipes to try tomorrow!   Yay (*sarcasm*)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, bummer. I love the slim fast shakes. too bad they aren't anything like that... Stay strong! It's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep your mind to it and I'm sure you'll get used to them. Then before you know it, it will have been 6 weeks! Ok, maybe not before you know it, but I'm sure it will get better! :)

    ReplyDelete