Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A few new things

Day 6 is almost over.  The shakes are getting easier.  Making the MRs into food and eating it is getting harder.  Kristen e-mailed me back about the other day and said something about some people have a hard time adjusting to the "soy" flavor of the meal replacements.  Well, I don't know what soy really tastes like besides eating edamame (soy beans), and trust me, if the meal replacements tasted like those I'd be fine.  Maybe it's a different soy flavor I can't shake.  It's getting easier to drink my shakes b/c I drink them so fast, but actually chewing the food is still pretty rough.  The potato soup meal replacement gets so thick and gross in your mouth if you don't swallow it fast enough.  I pretty much have to wash each bite down as I eat.  Gross, right?  Still have hope that it will get better.  It hasn't even been a week!   I still haven't gotten hungry at all, which is GREAT!  I've been exercising everyday and apparently too much b/c I asked Kristen about that and she said they like us to keep it 30 mins or less per day in the beginning.  One day I did 60 mins.  So I've been doing around 20 minutes cardio per day and otherwise trying to keep busy at home (like cleaning, etc).
I did try a few new recipes the past couple days.  The first one being potato soup out of the potato soup meal replacement.  Seems like it would work, but no.   I actually made it w/ bouillon (chicken granules) (9 calories) in boiling water, then I added a tsp of Molly McCheese (5 calories), 1/9 cup of instant mashed potatoes (18 calories),  and salt and pepper, mixed it together, then added the meal replacement.  Then I added water to a soup consistency- which ended up being quite a bit, and I had a fairly large bowl of soup, and it was still too thick.  I topped it w/ some baco's (10 calories).   The flavor was good, but it is just too powdery and thick tasting.  I barely got this down.   I don't recommend it.
The next thing I tried w/ the potato soup MR, was a potato cake.  I mixed 25 calories worth of potato flakes with the potato soup MR, and some garlic seasoning into a batter consistency and dropped spoonfuls onto a hot frying pan.  I cooked them a couple mins at medium, then flipped them and cooked them a few more mins.  They turned out looking okay but again, I can't get past whatever taste is in the potato soup MR...  I used 1 tablespoon of ketchup (20 calories) and spread it on the potato cakes which helped a little.
So that's about it.  I made pizza again tonight.  Made the crust a bit thinner tonight, and it helped a little bit but again, if you chew too much, it gets all yucky in your mouth and you just have to swallow really quick... lol. 

 I know everyone that reads this is probably wondering how on earth I'm doing this.   I really don't know how I am doing it.  I guess I'm doing it because I really have no choice at this point.  It's not AS BAD as I may make it out to be sometimes!!!  
Anyways, I weigh in, buy new meal replacements, and have my 2nd class tomorrow.  YAY.  I'll update with progress (hopefully progress!) soon.

2 comments:

  1. that "soup" looks like an egg yolk. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your 2nd class! Love you!

    ReplyDelete