Monday, May 14, 2012

Easy peasy

Day 5. I think it's getting easier. I went to Wal-mart and bought a blender for work. I bought an Oster "Myblend". It's itty bitty and comes with a 20oz sports bottle that you actually use to blend in. I used it this morning and it worked great! So I will leave it up here. I decided I am going to do 3 shakes at work at 6:30, 9:30, and 12:30. Then I'll fix my other meal replacements when I get home after 3. The shakes blended without ice/poured over ice are becoming MUCH easier to tolerate!!! Good news! I made one this morning with coffee and the other with PB2. Haven't been hungry yet at all. Pumped about that. I have been getting my exercise in and plan to walk the KARK parking deck each morning at about 6:45 or so for about 20-30 minutes. I bought an armband for my iphone and tried it out this morning and it was great! I need to buy a fan for my cube though for when I get back from my workouts! I'm so lucky that our boss lets us exercise during work hours and even luckier that there's a giant covered parking deck across the street that I can use to my benefit! Love it's inclines.
One thing that I have been noticing now that I've started this is how much people talk about FOOD!! I am sure I used to do the same, and I guess you could say I still do (only the food I keep referring to is meal replacement powder). My brother in law yesterday was talking about some dish that came up on a Red Lobster commercial - before I had to walk outside. Then a coworker this morning started telling me about her Mother's day and the fabulous brisket they cooked. A good friend of mine has been posting Facebook comments about food non-stop! He's a foodie and probably always has but I never realized how much until now! I guess I have to learn to tune-out food discussions:). Society today definitely revolves around it. It's become a pleasure thing, a hobby... Instead of something used to keep us alive. My husband always says "it will keep me alive" whenever I ask him how his meal was (especially if it wasn't exactly good). But it's true. Food keeps us alive and that is one thing we should all try to remember. Trying to train myself to 'eat to live and not live to eat'. Or is there a healthy medium?? Which do you do?

4 comments:

  1. I definitely love food! haha. And I talk about it a lot. But after I started focusing on trying to eat healthy (I used to eat a ton of fast food) you realize how much better food that is healthy for you tastes, especially after learning different ways to prepare it than the ones you are used to seeing.

    The longer you eat just healthy food, the weirder the highly processed and unhealthy food starts to taste to you.

    I also tried doing a raw diet for a week last year (wouldn't do it full time... I like meat too much!) but it really made me aware of how often my body needs food instead of how often I wanted it. I'm sure that's what this meal replacement diet will end up doing for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another note... Andrew has been reading the Four Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss and he promotes a Slow Carb Diet but only dieting 6 days a week, the 7th day being your "binge" day. which doesn't really mean you're supposed to binge eat, but it's supposed to be your day to eat the things you love that may not be the healthiest for you (white flour carbs for Andrew) instead of completely cutting them out of your diet forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was an easy day for me. But yesterday and Saturday I really struggled! When I put my calories into my phone I just can't believe how many there are in simple things like avocados and whole grain bread! They just starting racking up after breakfast! It's so hard to eat a balanced, low calories diet und 1650 calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne- raw food diet = super yummy but way too expensive! Organic food is just outrageous. Also - I've heard of Timothy Ferriss and that book when I was researching diets. I think he has a FB page too.
    Kelly- 1650 seems like a lot, when you're eating 900:) It's true though, food does add up, that's why portion control is soooo important!!

    ReplyDelete