Monday, May 28, 2012

Oh holiday...

Today is Memorial Day.  The first real holiday (besides Mother's day) that I've dealt with while on this program. It's a big Holiday, but it's an even bigger weekend.  It's a 3-day weekend, usually filled with BBQs and swimming.  And that's exactly what is was for our family.  We went down to my parents house on Friday and spend Friday/Saturday night's there.  My mom cooked/served a ton of delicious foods- bbq pulled pork sandwiches, Papa John's pizza, cupcakes, sandwiches, all kind of chips, beef tenderloin, etc etc.  Needless to say by the time we left Sunday afternoon I was more than cranky.  Being around a lot of family eating food stinks.  Bad.  I stuck with my diet the whole time.  Didn't cheat, not once.  Am I proud of myself?  Yep.  But I probably won't feel better about not eating any of it until Wednesday- IF I see results.  I'm home now, and today won't be a big deal at all.  Tomorrow is Tuesday and then it will be time to weigh in!  And the onto the 4th week!  I've been doing mostly shakes and my pizza and soups still.  I'm lucky I didn't start this program in the fall.  Through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  Yikes!  I couldn't imagine.  At least by that time this year I'll be able to eat some veggies/fruits!!   Speaking of Veggies... Robert and his brother built me (in record time), a 4'X6' raised vegetable garden in the backyard!  I am going to plant squash today, maybe something else, not sure yet... but I'm excited:)  If I do okay with it, I should be able to harvest in a little less than 2 months and I will be able to eat the veggies I grow!!  YUM!   So that's exciting.
This morning since we were home, and I'm off for the holiday, I tried a new recipe.  Cinnamon toast.  It wasn't good.  It was in the recipe book, and baked w/ vanilla MRs.  The texture was gross and I had to chew chew swallow w/ water real quick.  Hate doing that and every time I make a recipe that turns out like that, it makes me want to just stick to my shakes!   Which I am definitely okay doing!!  I am headed to the grocery store to buy groceries for the week, and get my vegetable seeds.  Then home to plant them!  I also have to do my workout today at home, probably on the elliptical since I am not at work to walk the parking deck.  The elliptical kills me though so that's good!!
Well this weekend might have made me a grouch, but at least I know I can make it through temptation.   I'm looking forward to Wednesday and my weigh-in now!

No comments:

Post a Comment