Saturday, June 2, 2012

Weekends

It's Saturday.  The weekends always seem to be a tiny bit harder than the other days of the week.  I'm usually either sitting at home all day, grocery shopping, or out of town at my parent's house watching them eat.  It's always harder when there's less routine.  Monday through Friday I wake up, go to work, drink my first shake, go on my morning walk/jog to the parking deck, then come back to my desk, work, drink another shake, work, drink another shake, work, and come home.  I fix my 4th meal replacement, then fix dinner for Robert and Ben, and then by that time it's almost 6 and then I make my soup, get Ben ready for bed, and that's the day.  It's the same everyday.  But on weekends, it's always different.  There's more temptation.  More opportunities for boredom.  It may be harder but I just stick to the plan.  I haven't veered off since the start and I'm in my 4th week.  I've tried a couple different recipes lately.  I made my rendition of "french fries" last night (see picture).  I added Lawry's season salt to the "dough" and then dipped the finished "fries" which were more like crunchy sticks, into reduced sugar Heinz ketchup (only 5 cals a T).  Next time, I'll put less season salt because they were WAY too salty.  And combined w/ the salty/overly sweet ketchup, it was almost inedible but I got them down.  Unfortunately, I probably gained 3lbs of water weight.  I've been feeling heavy lately anyways.  I thought maybe I was retaining too much water w/ all the pickles I've been eating (usually 5 little pickles or a couple spears a day), but I drink so much water I don't know if the added sodium really matters.   I also bought some Wholly Salsa at Kroger (10 cals/T), and it's delicious.  I was hungry last night after my soup (and maybe a little bored) so I put 2 T in a little bowl and added a sprinkle of fat free Feta cheese and ate it w/ a spoon.  Yum!
Anyways, we don't really have plans for this weekend, but I'm sure I won't have much trouble sticking to the program.  I do think about eating yummy food all the time but I just won't/can't let myself do it because of the accountability.  I wonder if there will every be a time where I won't pass a fast food joint or any restaurant and not think about how tasty it is??

No comments:

Post a Comment