Sunday, June 24, 2012

Falling behind!

I've been falling behind on posting!! But I really need to so I can document my progress!   So last week I went to class and weighed in.  It was after a week of adding veggies/fruit to my diet.  I lost 1.8lbs so just under 2lbs.  It's the least amount of weight I have lost since starting the program.  It was somewhat discouraging but I realize and have said it before, that I will lose different amounts of weight each week.  I also had just lost around 5lbs each the prior two weeks.  Also, 1.8lbs in a week is still great!  And they wanted to add some calories to our diet to boost our metabolisms back up.   I don't think I ate ALL my veggie/fruit servings that we are allowed each of the days but I did have some each day.  I also continued exercising and did do the elliptical 5 of the 7 days for 25 minutes.   Although I didn't lose as much as usual, I was pleased and I have kept on trucking! So far this week I've been eating a lot different veggies including a lot of salads with very low cal dressing (5-10 cals of dressing per salad), and grilling a lot of veggies on skewers (purple onion, peppers, mushrooms), as well as one of my favorite dishes - sauteed summer squash and white onion.  Usually I would use EVOO when cooking my veggies, but I have found that zero-cal butter Pam works wonders!   I season w/ some garlic salt and pepper and everything turns out delicious!   I haven't exactly been "measuring" my portions of veggies but 4 cups of veggies is kind of a lot and I've only been eating them for one meal, so I go ahead and put the full amount of allowed calories in my meal tracker app.  Fruit wise, I've not been eating a whole lot.  Basically just watermelon lately...so yummy!    Today we took Ben to the zoo at like 9:30 and walked around for about an hour, but it was sweltering and he was getting hot/tired and then I came home and did my 25 minute elliptical work out.  I worked out both Saturday and Sunday this week because I missed my workout Wednesday when I drove to Judsonia after class to get our new puppy and didn't get home until after 9pm!  Then I missed my workout on Friday because I chose to get my grocery shopping in.  But I promised myself I would make up those 2 days and I did!
We had friends over last night and grilled burgers but It wasn't hard at all for me to not eat the burgers since we had so many other yummy things to eat like the veggie kabobs!  Things are still going really well and I am still so happy with this program, and all it has been offering me as far as accountability and all the different things I learn from the classes.  Can't wait till Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment