Sunday, June 10, 2012

Off days

It's Sunday.  I usually take the weekends off as far as workouts go.  Sometimes I'll go for a walk in the neighborhood on the weekends but this weekend it's incredibly humid and yucky and it's the last thing I want to do! I did do arm weights yesterday and sweeping/swiffering/vacuuming as well which isn't really cardio but it's still more activity than I normally get on a weekday sitting in a cubicle.  I look forward to the off days in a way, but in a way I always feel somewhat guilty for not doing cardio.  Not sure why,  I think 20-30 minutes of moderately intense cardio 5 days a week is pretty good.  I also feel like I'm not losing weight on these days.  I tend to get on the scale every morning.  Not sure why, b/c my scale isn't the same as the hospital and I also weigh in the evenings at the hospital and fully clothed.  I guess I still watch for the number to go down in the mornings, but sometimes- like the last few days.. It hasn't.  I think this week will be a small loss compared to last week.  And I might be one of those people who loses a pretty good amount one week, then a smaller amount the next week, and repeats that pattern.  Some people lose the same amount each week.  That's definitely not me.  But as long as it's a loss I'm okay with it!
So I've tried a couple new recipes this past week.  One of my new favorite things is the sugar free fat free lemon pudding mix, mixed w/ a vanilla MR.  I just eat it mixed w/ water to the consistency of a frosting/icing and eat it w/ a spoon.  It's delicious.   So this  week I tried making cookies w/ the same mix.  Here's what I did:
1 packet vanilla MR
1 1/2 T egg whites
1 T lemon pudding mix
mixed w/ enough water to form a dough consistency and tore off little balls and pressed them to the cookie sheet.  Think I baked them at 350 for 15ish minutes?  I can't really remember, just watched until the edges started turning brown. Here's how they turned out:
They were kind of chewy (maybe the egg whites?), and tasty.  I would definitely make them again.   Easy to make them at night and grab and go for breakfast the next morning.
I also made some pancakes from the recipe book.  Here's how they turned out:
These were okay.  The texture wasn't right on w/ an actual pancake, but close.  The flavor was pretty good.  Not sure I'm a fan of the no sugar syrup I used, though.  Maybe they would be better w/ a couple sprays of spray butter?   I would probably make these again too but they were 1 MR + 48 calories of additives.
We're only allowed 50 calories extra per meal replacement and not supposed to use that much on each one per day b/c that would add up to an extra 250 calories a day which is quite a bit.  
I try to keep my calories eaten under 900/day.  Some days I might go over 20 or so.  I think that's pretty good.   I'm not getting bored.  Still sticking with it.  Although, I will admit, I did eat a baby carrot yesterday to show Ben how yummy they were!  Hey, just a mommy duty I had to fulfill!  I don't think that baby carrot will hurt my diet!  *crosses fingers*.
Can't wait till Wednesday when I get to buy some yummy bars!!  Praying everyday this program is my solution and I really know it will be if I keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. Baby carrots are great! Each only has about 5 calories.

    ReplyDelete