Saturday, July 7, 2012

Healthy Dining Finder

Today I was browsing the web and pinning away to Pinterest when I searched for 'healthy options when dining out'.  A website Healthy Dining Finder came up and so I clicked on it.  It's ah-mazing!  Maybe some people know about this website but I had no idea.  The site has a team of registered dietitians who work trying to find healthy dining options for us!  You can put in your zip code and it brings up a list of local restaurants and then you can click on them and it shows you a list of recommended healthy options.  You can even click on the option and it tells you all the nutrition information, some even have pictures of the entree.  And some recommend that you make a special request for like "ask for no olive oil", for example.  It's great!   This will be especially helpful when I get to the maintenance phase of my program (in like a year), or when I go on vacation next week (because will be eating some meals out with my family).  It's also really helpful because it gives calorie info so you can track your calories.  This might be my new favorite thing!  Hope you find this website helpful as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment